Yield: 850g - 1600g
Cook Time: 20 - 35 mins
- Finely chop the spinach
- Microwave the spinach in a covered dish for 1 minute
- Boil or microwave the macaroni until soft
- Drain the spinach and macaroni
Meat Preparation & Cooking
- Preheat frypan over medium heat, then add the sunflower and canola oils
- Add the minced beef and pan fry until completely cooked
- If the meat is a little dry, add a some more canola oil
- Add in the egg and cook through
- Take the frypan off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes
- Mix the spinach and macaroni into the cooked meat mixture with a wooden spoon
- Add the Dig-In Fresh powder mix and stir it in
- Add in the cod liver oil and mix thoroughly
- You can let it cool further and feed immediately or you can cool and store the Dig-In Fresh meal
Cooling and Storage
- Into clean containers, spoon enough of the prepared food for each day for your pet.
The amount of food your pet will require each day is calculated by their age, weight and life stage (see back of card for feeding chart).
- It is important that the cooked food is cooled to below 4°C within 5 hours. This is best achieved by placing the containers in the freezer and thawing in the refrigerator when ready to use.
- Dig-In Fresh meals can be kept in the refrigerator (below 4°C) for up to 3 days, and frozen for up to 3 months.
- The food can be served straight from the refrigerator or warmed slightly in the microwave if your pet prefers it.
- If the food is taken straight from the freezer, extend the microwave time so it is properly thawed.
- After thawing, mix the food with a spoon to ensure that there are no cold or hot spots
- Please test that the food is not too hot before feeding it to your pet
Dig-In Fresh meals are complete on their own but you can add dry kibble, if you wish.
Feeding Guide for our DIY Recipes
All recommended servings are indicated in grams per day
Calculator coming soon